I’m not a good painter. Which is why of course I decided to do it myself. However, I’m not really painting the aircraft, just patching and matching the donor tail. I installed some “curtains and I’ve ordered in some new LED flood lights, so at least I can see what I’m doing. I spent a lot of time cleaning up the H-stab which was reused from N3832V. There were quite a few dents and divots on the underside but nothing worrying. After lots of filling and sanding the parts are ready for Alodine and then paint.
Best news was finding the trim tab actuator that I thought was missing. It’s sad the things that #avgeeks get excited about; in my defence, they’re not really easy to find and very expensive!
Work Date: 23rd May 2020